Saturday, August 25, 2012

Filmmakers Statement


During high school, I was taught that one individual frame can tell the viewer the  past and change the ending  of a movie.  With this knowledge I eagerly and passionately fell in love with cinema.  During my three years of high school video production I filmed, edited and produced several small videos for school, video yearbooks, news reels and created a Senior DVD.   During my senior year I was named senior editor of the video year book .  For the Senior video I created a montage of several videos from every event of the year. After high school I joined the U.S. Army.  During my year deployment to Afghanistan, I rekindled my love of movies.  Laying on my cot I was able to create a temporary escape from the daily tasks of an infantrymen in combat.
                Being behind the camera capturing the scene and making sure it is perfect, is what I am most interested in learning. While at University of North Carolina Wilmington, I want to perfect the art of the median that is film to help others create an escape.   I would like to work on a crew and learn the ropes of the industry, then become a director of photography.
                In ten years, I see myself working in the film industry as a crew member or having my own production team.  I am really passionate about cinematography and editing. If I have my own production team I would want to have films in circulation in film festivals and possibly on the main screens.  I would like to make films that would change the perspective that most audiences have about certain topics.  I believe there is always two very different ways to tell the same story and I would like to do just that.  If not making films, I would like to make documentaries.  I would want to get the interviews and tell the stories that others will not or would not do. 
                Lastly  a unique fact about me is I play the guitar.  I have been playing for several years.  I would like to have a collection of guitars in the future.  I believe that every guitar is different and is amazing in different ways.   If anyone reading my blog is looking for a guitarist for a band please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment