Sunday, October 21, 2012

Editing The Master Shot Sequence


Editing my own version of our group’s master shot is teaching me a lot.  I am remembering how to do editing tricks that I had learned in high school.  I really think the hardest part is matching on action of dialog.  I am finding it is hard to smooth out dialog between two different angles of people talking.  What i have found that works best for me is to wait till there is a slight pause between people talking and make the cut from one angle to another then.   I am also finding that adding my own music for sound effects is really fun and adds to my film.  I think even though everyone in my group has the same footage, everyone’s videos are going to be slightly different. I am really enjoying editing.  I think this may be what I would like to do in the industry after college.  

No comments:

Post a Comment