Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Sound 2


For the second time doing a sound, I thought of redoing my old sound project.  I took my pet bird Rocky outside in her cage.  As I sat down in the chair next to her she started to chirp.  After 2 minutes of sitting down silently I could start to hear the wind picking up.  After 5 minutes as I opened my eyes and looked at rocky I could hear her feet moving on the wooden perches.  I could also hear someone’s small dog in the distance whining.  After 5 minutes I could hear a motorcycle across the apartment complex starting up and driving off.

For the second time doing the sound experiment I went and sat at the dog park with my dogs and my acoustic guitar before the storm started on Saturday.  After running my dogs around I began my silent time.  After a few minutes I started to be able to hear my dogs eating the grass a few feet in front of me.  I could also start to notice the wind was picking up fast.  After 5 minutes I could hear the small sound of my fingers touching the strings on my acoustic.  The little bit of movement that my fingers moved made a small sound like a pick slide.

I would really like to do this again but with the H4N and see what other little noises that I missed.  I have to admit my hearing isn’t the best.

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of just sitting and listening with an H4n. I bet it would be fascinating how much you could pick up that we normally miss.

    ReplyDelete