Sunday, September 30, 2012

Expert Interview

For our expert interview we interviewed Chancellor Miller of UNCW.  I was really excited about the interview.  I really did not expect him to do the interview to be honest.  When he accepted the interview I knew the hard work had just begun.  Prior to the interview when we formed 2 groups of 5 I asked my group to meet and we did a practice mock interview.  I think that helped a lot in that we knew what everyone was going to be doing.   The day before the interview I checked all the equipment to make sure everything was working.  About 10 mins before the interview the batteries in the boom mic and the sound mixer on the camera went dead.  In a frantic we had to run to the school book store and by batteries before Chancellor Miller came for his interview.  We got everything in the equipment and it was ready before the interview started.  The interview went really smooth.  Chancellor Miller had great answers and we were able to ask all 10 of our questions.  I feel that him being our expert interview really helped my 2 min video.  Next time I know to always have extra packs of batteries for everything.  Next time I will be prepared for everything that can go wrong to go wrong, just to be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment