Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Vox Pops

Doing vox pops on UNCW was a very fun experience.  I was suprised how many people would say yes to answer a few questions, then see the camera and say something came up.  I thought people would love to be on camera like I do.  I learned that if you do not tell people to answer the question with the answer then most students will not.  More of the older students did it without being asked or said yeah of course.  I feel that this was a little problematic.  Of the 20 vox pops I feel we only got 5 good ones.  I also learned that the sound of bikes and crowds in the distance will be noticeable when you play back.  During our filming we did a vox pop and a large crowd off in the distance broke out in an uproar.  I did not think it would be a big deal.  When we played it back I could hear more of them in the distance then our subject that was 5 feet from the camera.  I feel this was a great learning experance.

1 comment: