Saturday, September 1, 2012

Lighting Observations


One observation I am having is how different lighting can be when shooting outdoors.  When I had shot film outdoors before I had never thought of using a reflector to help even out the light.  I had worked with reflectors indoors but after reading Voice and Visions, I understand why I must use them outdoors as well.  This well help make the picture look crisper with a better appearing image.  The use of the reflectors would help us with our shooting of the photo documentary. 

While doing our photography documentary I have observed the impact the sun or natural lighting can have on your shots.  There were several instances when I would take a reading using my light meter and then go back to check a minute later and it changed.  I now know how a cloud can totally change the setting of your host for the f-stop scale as well.  Another observation I had while out shooting today was that it is not a good idea to try shooting around noon to two in the afternoon.  We were getting maxed out readings on our light meter.  We came back later that evening and the light started to get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment